Monday 6 February 2012

Latest Finished Piece

I am starting to feel like I am suffering from a split personality. Lately I have been working on an upcoming conference for the Ontario Network of Needleworkers in May. Check out this collection of Guilds if you have never heard of us. (http://onnguilds.ca/) I have also been working on my 2012 Bead Journal Project for January. As you can see there is a lot of embroidery included as well. This little gem measures 5x7. I decided to work with a theme for this 12 month project - "Dreams" and each will have an association with this. The January introductory piece is called "Dreams 1 - My Introduction To Explore The Secret Gateways To Dreams".

In addition to these I am also working on a very traditional piece for a class that I am taking through the Canadian Embroiderers' Guild (Guelph)(See  http://guelpharts.ca/canadianembroiderersguild/ for more information about the guild.) It is pure white on white andshould I ultimately finish this piece, I will post a picture.
So the split personality is the skipping from the mundane world of databases, Excel, mailings and Word to the traditions stitch of Schwalm embroider with it's white-on-white to the freewheeling creativity of the Bead Journal Project.
Stay tuned.....

3 comments:

  1. Wow Heather, this is stunning. Please bring it Wednesday evening. I really want to see this 'in person'! You rock girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color combination! The embroidery is beautiful, and the beads add a wonderful accent. But the colors--oh, wow!
    Marty S
    Crackpot Beader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of using the beads and embroidery. The colours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete